Redefining the boundaries of Hindi Rock and defining an unprecedented sound for the masses, was the sole aim with which ‘Ashwamedh’ was formed.
Bringing home a heady mix of Indian Classical, Funk, Hard Rock and Metal, we choose not to restrict ourselves to any particular genre.
With groovy yet powerful originals, laden with inspiring lyrics and vocals, crushing riffs, monster leads and drumming work, Ashwamedh has always had the crowd hungry for more in it’s wake…
Shattered pre-defined notions about Hindi Rock are a collateral, for which we take full responsibility 😛
The name ‘Ashwamedh’ has been derived from the ancient custom of ‘Ashwamedh Yagna’ where the sacred horse runs to the limits to determine the boundaries of the king’s newly acquired kingdom.
Similarly, with a rabidly increasing and fiercely loyal fan following, we believe our music is the emperor and we shall serve by defining newer boundaries for it!
*Won the Silver for India in the Best Rock Song category at the Indiego Asian Music Awards 2011-2012, Asia’s one of the biggest Music Awards.
* Nominated in the Best Rock Song category at the BiteMyMusic Global Music Awards 2012, world’s one of the biggest music awards.
* Nominated in the Best Rock Vocalist category at the Indiego Asian Music Awards 2012, Asia’s one of the biggest music awards.
* Only Asian band to be globally shortlisted for Sweden Rock festival 2012.
* Headlined at Chaos 2012, the annual fest of IIM Ahmedabad.
* Headlined at Aurora 2012, the annual fest of IIITM Gwalior.
* Headlined at Taksh 2012, the annual festival of IIT Rajasthan.
* Headlined at Elan 2012 the annual festival of IIT Hyderabad.
* Headlined at Jayciana 2012 the annual festival of SJCE Mysore.
* Co-headlined with Indus Creed at EOS 2012, Mumbai.
* Headlined at Trascend 2012, the annual festival of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune.
* Headlined MADMA 2012, annual festival of Xavier’s Institute Communication.
* Headlined at Zest 2012 the annual sports festival of College of Engineering Pune.
* Co-Headlined with Agnee at Creo 2011, annual fest of F.L.A.M.E School of Management Pune.
* Headlined at Vidyut 2011, RV College of Engineering, Bangalore.
* Featured by Jaago Mumbai 90.8 FM for their show Desi Trax.
* Headlined Blizzard – Rock Festival 2011, Pune.
* Headlined at Surge 2011, Annual Festival of NIT Kurukshetra.
* Headlined at Fundamental 2011, Annual Festival of Symboisis Institute for Design, Pune.
*Performed at the grand Finale of Channel [V] Launchpad at IndiaFest, Goa.
*Headlined at the MTV Rock On Desi Beats 2 Promo Gig at the Bandra Amphitheater,Mumbai.
*Co-headlined with Motherjane at NITIE,Mumbai,for their rock concert ‘Decibelz’ 2010.
*Performed at Rockforte 2010 Pune.
* Covered by BigM magazine for their October 2010 issue.
* Covered by Society magazine for their August 2010 issue.
* Headlined at “Forza 2010”,at ISBM,Pune,at their Foundation Day festival.
* Performed at Soccer Mania 2010 Pune.
* Headlined at “Palm Expo 2010”, India’s only Internationally reputed Musicians Expo.
* Performed at “Rude Lounge”, Mumbai
* Featured by Indian Music Revolution as their “In Focus” band.
* Headlined at “Surge 2010” at the K.J Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai.
* Co-Headlined ISB&M’s fest Crescendo 2010 along with Bollywood sensation “Javed Ali”.
* Headlined Cummins Women’s College of Engineering annual fest “Gandhaar ’10”.
* Headlining act @ (Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management) SITM’s college fest “Inferno’10”.
* Covered by Radio Mirchi for Mirchi Soundcheck.
* Performed at Doolally Microbrewery,1st Brewhouse, Corinthians… Mirchi Soundcheck RockNite
* Headlining act @ (Symbiosis Centre of Information Technology) SCIT’s annual alumni meet “Pratidhwani’10”
* Performed at NEEV ’09 at SCMHRD
* Headlining act at the SIMS-2008 and SIMS-2009 rock
* Won at the Battle of the Bands-09.
* Performed at the Republic Rock Festival 2009 in
Yudi – Vocals and Keyboards
Swatantra – Lead Guitars and Backing vocals
Prasun – Rhythm Guitars
Gaurav – Bass Guitar and Backing vocals
Anurag – Drums and Backing vocals