AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Prizes worth INR 4 lacs, for the top 3 finalists. Because, we know your talent deserves its true worth.
- If you see yourself in the league of those who performed at Mood Indigo, Asia’s largest cultural festival in Desh Raag season 1, here’s your chance to perform at bigger and better platforms!
- Opportunity to perform in front of musical maestros. Shankar Mahadevan, Indian Ocean Band, Prasoon Joshi, Pt.Vishwa Mohan Bhatt were the judges last year. Any chance to exhibit your talent in front of the bigwigs of the industry can not get bigger than this!
- Publicity through print, radio and television for the winners!
- The bands will get to own their profile pages on the website and can upload previously recorded songs and past artwork and pictures. These songs will be provided on an online player platform for publicity and audience appraisal. They can share these links on their band pages.
- Kind incentives for awards in various individual brilliance categories.
Ravi Iyer has been actively involved with the music scene in India since mid 80s. He`s been the driving force behind some of India’s biggest Rock Acts like Witchhammer (1980s), Vayu (2000 – 2008), and Para Vayu (2009 -2012). As a Guitar player he has been at the forefront of the Indian Rock Scene and has also performed with some of the greatest maestros in India like Ustad Fazal Qureshi (Ustad Zakir Hussain`s Brother) and Sivamani. He is one of the most versatile guitar players who believe that there are no boundaries in music and genres.
Find out more at: http://vraviiyer.com/
Mihir Joshi is many things but is primarily a singer. He has an English blues-rock band called the Mihir Joshi Band and they’re currently recording their debut album “Mumbai Blues” and have put out a single called “Sorry” on YouTube. He also has a Hindi band called the Bombay Rock Project and they do interesting rock/blues/jazz covers of old Bollywood songs. They were seen on India’s Got Talent season 3 where they were very well received. He is an official Harman endorsee and has endorses their brands AKG and Digitech.
Mihir has also been a radio jockey for over 8 years in Mumbai. First with FM Rainbow and then with Radio One. Throughout his radio career, his focus was always on giving great music and information about the music and artists to his listeners. He’s supported the Indian music scene in a big way through his shows and has interviewed over 200 Indian artists played music of over 400 Indian bands and singers on his shows.
Mihir has also been an anchor and has hosted numerous live shows – album launches, concerts, corporate shows, college shows etc and has also hosted a couple of season of a music/talent reality show first on Zee Business and most recently on MTV. The MTV show was called Maruti Suzuki Colors Of Youth.
He has written extensively in the past for various publications and has interviewed and chatted with pretty much all the best singers/musicians/artists/bands in the Indian industry and even those who’ve come from abroad.
After giving up radio, he carried his passion of sharing music and talking to musicians and artists and telling people more about them on his blog (www.musicmanmihir.blogspot.in) on a show he called The MJ Show. He is now ready to take The MJ Show to the next level now by taking it to YouTube with the Ping Network!
Find Mihir here:
On Facebook is: www.facebook.com/mihirjoshipage
On Twitter: @musicmanmihir and his band id is @mihirjoshiband
Uday Benegal is the lead singer, principal songwriter and one of the founding members of the pioneering Indian rock band Indus Creed (originally known as Rock Machine). Benegal’s other music-based projects include the now-defunct Indo–rock and funk band Alms For Shanti and the acoustic outfit Whirling Kalapas.
He has also sung the song “Life is Crazy” from the Bollywood film Wake Up Sid.
Alongside his music career, Benegal has been a featured writer, contributing to such publications as The Village Voice, Mid Day, Rolling Stone India, Time Out New York, Asian Age and Tehelka.
Currently the manager of one of the most iconic band in India – Parikrama. He plays the keyboard, synthesizers and anything else you would or wouldn’t imagine. He is the driving force behind the band. He played for nearly all good bands in Delhi during the 80’s & 90’s and some even before and usually won the best award.